cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to EV8 license and still use 2007

MortenMadsen
Level 3

Is it possible to upgrade to the EV8 license (in order to test the new version) and still use the license for version 2007 SP4?

(I am about to implement EV for file archiving and have been testing on 2007 for some time)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

We are using 2007SP2, but have already upgraded the 7.5 license to 8.0, and test  v8 in our demo-environment.

If correct, you have the licenses for the 7.5 version. When you upgrade, you get new files, with the 8.0 keys. I assume that for testing purposes these will do (not in production obviously) As soon as you decide to upgrade 7.5, you use the new licenses if asked.

I believe you can also use the 7.5 licenses for 8.0, but that the new (upgraded) licensefiles unlock specific 8.0 features. Not sure where I saw this, but I believe it was something like that.

GJ

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

We are using 2007SP2, but have already upgraded the 7.5 license to 8.0, and test  v8 in our demo-environment.

If correct, you have the licenses for the 7.5 version. When you upgrade, you get new files, with the 8.0 keys. I assume that for testing purposes these will do (not in production obviously) As soon as you decide to upgrade 7.5, you use the new licenses if asked.

I believe you can also use the 7.5 licenses for 8.0, but that the new (upgraded) licensefiles unlock specific 8.0 features. Not sure where I saw this, but I believe it was something like that.

GJ

Regards. Gertjan