cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to exch 2010 SP2 from exch 2007 in an existing EV environment with EV 9.0

cybergirl1987
Level 4
Employee

Hello,

I have a user who wants to know if below mentioned activities are sufficient or would he need to do anything else to ensure a smooth transition to exchange 2010 SP2.

1.- Check and assign properly rights to privileged user EV. 
2.- Check and assign rights to privileged anonymous user for owa. 
3.- Install OWA addon.
4.- Add New CAS IP to ExchangeServers.txt
4.- Add new Exchange 2010 server to Exchange Targets

Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

They need to add Exchange 2010 in to their Exchange organisation first.

Then the information from the EV side of things is in the Setting Up Exchange Archiving PDF file on the EV media.  Essentially the VSA needs a mailbox on the Exchange 2010 server, a couple of scripts need to be run, and that's it, ready to add archiving targets.

OWA extensions can be installed on a CAS, if one is in use.. and they want OWA.  And if they have modified the ExchangeServers.txt file they'll need to re-run the OWAUSER.WSF file.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Sorry, I'm confused.  What is you're trying to do?

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If adding an Ex2010 to EV:

Mailbox of VSA needs to be on Ex2010. use powershell scripts to set permissions and throttling

Run deploymentscanner to see if all is well.

If moving users to Ex2010, set SynchInMigrationMode registry key on EV server, to prevent creation of new archives.

Read manual :)

Regards. Gertjan

cybergirl1987
Level 4
Employee

Hello,

Sorry if I was not clear. I have a user who has enterprise vault 9.0 installed in his exchange 2007 environment. He now wishes to upgrade it to exchange 2010 SP2. Customer has already read all related technotes & manuals. He just wants a rough idea/summary of what all he would need to re-configure on EV server.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

They need to add Exchange 2010 in to their Exchange organisation first.

Then the information from the EV side of things is in the Setting Up Exchange Archiving PDF file on the EV media.  Essentially the VSA needs a mailbox on the Exchange 2010 server, a couple of scripts need to be run, and that's it, ready to add archiving targets.

OWA extensions can be installed on a CAS, if one is in use.. and they want OWA.  And if they have modified the ExchangeServers.txt file they'll need to re-run the OWAUSER.WSF file.

cybergirl1987
Level 4
Employee
That helped. Thanks all :)