cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User migration between EV sites AND Exchange servers

taprice
Level 2
I have a user who has moved from our NY office to our London office. Each office has there own Exchange server and EV server. The EV servers are running in different sites.

Following the instructions on the Symantec support site we have disabled archiving on the NY EV server and performed a standard Exchange mailbox move to London.

My colleague has exported the user's archive from the NY EV server and we've copied the PST and associated CFG files over to London. I now need to 'import' the archive into the London vault store and update the existing shortcuts in his Exchange mailbox to point at the London store.

The documentation states that I use the Import PST wizard and that it picks up the cfg files are the same time. However, the document I've been reading doesn't seem to take into account if the mailbox has moved Exchange servers. If I look at the content of the cfg file it contains the following:

[PST]

FILENAME = JoeBloggs_Export_0001.pst
DESCRIPTION = Joe Bloggs - Export Archive PST file
CREATED = 11May2009 02:17 PM
ORIGIN = EXPORT_ARCHIVE

[MAILBOX]

NAME = Joe Bloggs
MAILBOXDN = /o=FINANCIAL RISK MANAGEMENT/ou=FRMMAIL/cn=RECIPIENTS/cn=JBLOGGS
EXCHANGESERVER = NYEXCHSERVER

The EXCHANGESERVER value shown above is the old, NY Exchange server. Do I need to change this manually to the name of the London Exchange server?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Yes, this needs to be the new exchange server :)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Yes, this needs to be the new exchange server :)

taprice
Level 2
Thanks that worked!