Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using VVR and VCS with EV

Sheikh_Ahsen
Level 2
Partner Accredited

EV - HA/DR

We have Exchange 2003 running in a cluster enviroment and distributed across to a failover site. Its working in Active-Passive-Passive mode. But there is no replication of data across the sites. We need a solution to provide replication/failover between the two remote sites. A solution which will automatically switch over between sites with minimum input from our side. Currently replication on both sites is being carried out using HP OpenView storage replicator. We do not want to replace the solution but instead want a symantec solution which integrate with this.

The solution also require to make EV highly available on the above mentioned architecture. Is there any possible way?

4 REPLIES 4

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
We have a tool called "EV Near Sync", which is probably interesting for you: http://www.evtools.net/11.html Cheers Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Sheikh_Ahsen
Level 2
Partner Accredited
Thanks Michel..

I believe this tool is not tested on EV 8.0. We will be using EV 8.0 for our Exchange Mail Boxes.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
As far as I know, we're doing final testing on EV8 next week. Cheers Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

TomerG
Level 6
Partner Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Sheikh,

You mention you want a solution that supports your current replication (HP), but your post title is VCS+VVR+EV, where VVR is the Veritas Volume Replicator. So that kind of confuses me.

But to answer: VCS (Veritas Cluster) can support any of the major vendors of replication as far as automating failover, including Hitachi TrueCopy, EMC SRDF, etc. etc.

VVR supports replication on various platforms (UNIX and Windows) on pretty much any hardware (EMC, Hitachi, generic, etc), and supports data consistency across sites, even when running in Asynchronous mode, which means ANY application can basically be supported, database or otherwise (and databases tend to be the strictest).

So, if your question is: Can EV be replicated using VVR and then have the failover process automated via VCS? The answer is 'yes'.