cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault store not archiving

EV_Wanabee
Level 4
Hello all,

I have one vault store which is not archiving any longer.  The users mailbox is still able to access all the items that were archived up to August 2006.  But nothing has archived since then. I am unable to see the EV tools when I am logged in as this user, irrespective of the PC\Server I log onto. For myself and any other users the EV tools are always visible.

He has the relevant forms installed, he has the client extensions installed and yet nothing archives and nothing can be manually archived as the tools will not show. I can see his existing store is available in the EV console but cant figure out why it has stopped working. Any ideas?

We are running EV version 6 on Windows 2003 SP2 and all workstations are XP SP2 with Outlook 2003 SP2 also.

I dont want to have to extract his vault, then delete it, then recreate another one and import the vault items again but I may have to as I cant figure out what's wrong.
4 REPLIES 4

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
For starters I would try to "run now" in "report mode" and see if we are actually reporting items that are eligible for archival?  On a side note, regardless of whether or not our forms and our extensions are installed, this will have no bearing on a user being automatically archived.  Forms are only for displaying the status of an archived item.  The extensions grant your end user's the ability to interact with their vaulted items as well as the necessary functions to search through their archives. 

EV_Wanabee
Level 4
Thanks for the quick response,

I cannot think why they would not be eligible. We have 4 Tasks running for 4 exchange servers and I am on the same Exchange server as this affected mailbox. I tested my own vault setup by re-running the activation script which sets multiple retention categories but this failed so I suspect the same would happen for the affected user.

I will run the report mode however to see what it shows.  To your knowledge does this have an impact on performance\availability? (We have about 2700 stores)

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
Report modes typically aren't all that resource intensive.  Especially if there is only 1 user that you are concerned about, then ensure that the task only touches on theire maibox.  It should be relatively fast.

EV_Wanabee
Level 4
Issue resolved.

Despite my claims that I had tested re-activating my own mailbox and it failing, I had actually made a small error when doing so.  Upon correcting this and testing again it worked, so I ran it against the faulty mailbox and now it is OK. I am sure this persons account must have been deleted and recreated at some point in order for this to be an issue but I have not managed to get that info out of anyone.

Thanks for the tips about the report mode, will use this in future.