cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What might have caused the add-in to be corrupt?

DBalestri
Level 3

At some point, our CIO's archived attachments became unavailable.  Our Help Desk technician followed our Knowledgebase instructions and re-installed the add-in.  That fixed the problem.  However, now the CIO wants to know what caused to stop working in the first place.  Any suggestions on where I should start looking?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Yes, I'd start with the Eventlog, too. If you really want to know, you should set logging of the EV addon to very high and wait until it happens next time ;) By the way, there is a policy setting which instructs the addon to be reloaded/reenabled once it crashes... Setting is called "Automatically re-enable Outlook add-in" in Exchange Mailbox Policy -> Advanced -> Outlook Cheers Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hmm maybe you should be asking why the sky is blue

Sorry back to being serous. it could be anything.
His PC may have crashed
Antivirus is always a suspect.
The user may have deleted a file by mistake
Some corruption in the users profile

Was there any event ID's on the users PC that may hint to the issue

DBalestri
Level 3
Yes, I know.  I felt ridiculous even posing the question but I was directed to find the root cause.  I thought maybe someone has had this recur and could say "oh, yeh... that sometimes happens when..."

I'll see if we can chase down some event ID's.  Thanks for the tip.

P.S.  The sky is blue because the oxygen atoms in the sky scatter the light that absorbs blue, which travels at a faster wavelength than the other colors.  

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Yes, I'd start with the Eventlog, too. If you really want to know, you should set logging of the EV addon to very high and wait until it happens next time ;) By the way, there is a policy setting which instructs the addon to be reloaded/reenabled once it crashes... Setting is called "Automatically re-enable Outlook add-in" in Exchange Mailbox Policy -> Advanced -> Outlook Cheers Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes, I know.  I felt ridiculous even posing the question but I was directed to find the root cause.  I thought maybe someone has had this recur and could say "oh, yeh... that sometimes happens when..."

I'll see if we can chase down some event ID's.  Thanks for the tip.

P.S.  The sky is blue because the oxygen atoms in the sky scatter the light that absorbs blue, which travels at a faster wavelength than the other colors.  

Good to see you have a sence of humor. You need it when working with EV