cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not archive moved Mail Items From PST

Tunco
Level 3

Hi,

I want to learn something about archiving strategy. I assume the create policy as "Archive Mailbox Before 6 months" And it's working successfully.

BUT ;

I Moved or Copied old mail ( old from 1 years ) items from PST file to My Exchange Profile. But it's not archived.

I noticed that this mail items "modified date"  date is changing.  is this correct ? Is this Issue ?

what is your comment about this  ?

Notice ; I don't want to use Enterprise Vault "PST Archiving Option".Only I want to learn my method is works or not works.If not works I'll use PST Archiving Option.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Thats correct, when you import messages in mailbox, the modified date of that email will be date when it was imported. When archiving runs, it checks the modified date and compares with archiving policy. If it does not fall in period you have configured, it will not archive the email.

You can try using IgnoreEVDates registry key to force EV to look for recieved date instead.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Thats correct, when you import messages in mailbox, the modified date of that email will be date when it was imported. When archiving runs, it checks the modified date and compares with archiving policy. If it does not fall in period you have configured, it will not archive the email.

You can try using IgnoreEVDates registry key to force EV to look for recieved date instead.

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

IgnoreEVDates key we generally use for re-archiving items which have been restored to mailbox, I doubt if that will work to ignore modified date of the email, but I would give it a try..

There is no other option I can think of.

Tunco
Level 3

l will try it Thanks for your advice.