cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

owa 2010 extensions to exchange 2013 cas servers?

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I didn't find direct answer if it's so that exchange 2013 cas servers also use the 2010 owa extensions and there are no 2013 versions of it?

Also we're doin exchange update from 2007 to 2013, (have now 2 exchange 2007 servers and are gonna have 3 new exchange 2013 servers for a while they run at the same time untill they move all the users from the old ones to the new ones) and it says in the manual to move VAC account to these new 2013 servers before running throttlingpolicy etc scripts... Any harm of doing this for the still running 2007 servers - can it still operate normally with them or does it require some extra settings or something?

Sani B.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Sani,

You will want to move the VSA mailbox to the Exch 2013 server and run the throttling script.  The archiving of the Exch 2007 servers will continue as usual.

best,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

Hi Sani,

Have you seen this? 

Enterprise Vault support for Microsoft Exchange 2013

Article:DOC6602  |  Created: 2013-07-03  |  Updated: 2013-08-01  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC6602

and also

Enterprise Vault OWA 2013 Archiving

Article:HOWTO83364  |  Created: 2013-01-15  |  Updated: 2013-02-11  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO83364

Are you using the Mail App?

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hey Tony,

Thanks for your answer!

Yes I've seen those both and apparently I just wasn't thinkin straight :D

We have EV 10.0.4 with the hotfix so that's in order.

But what about the question about moving the VAC account to these new 2013 exchange servers? As far as I can tell there's no problem with that since I have succesfully added those servers to the site. Am I correct or is there something I need to do/ check first?

Sani B.

TonySterling

Hi Sani,

You will want to move the VSA mailbox to the Exch 2013 server and run the throttling script.  The archiving of the Exch 2007 servers will continue as usual.

best,

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks Tony for your help! =)

Sani B.