Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"PendingShorcutTimeout" setting

Ghislain_SIBRA
Level 4
Enterprise vault 5 SP5

Hello all,

I have set the new registry key "PendingShorcutTimeout" because of some message remaining in pending state.
I have tried in a test server with the 'Run Now..' in Report mode and it doesn't work until I restart Services.
Someone could confirm to me than it need to restart services after change the PendingShorcutTimeout value ?

Regards,
Ghislain
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
yes, after setting the key you need to restart the archive service. Be sure to set it back to 3 when done! ;)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
yes, after setting the key you need to restart the archive service. Be sure to set it back to 3 when done! ;)

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
I believe you answered your own question. Usually when setting reg keys you have to restart services for it to pick up the new settings.

Ghislain_SIBRA
Level 4
Ok, thanks guys. I would be sure about it.

The sad thing is that I can't restart services in business hours (7:30AM 7:30PM) and it's always in this period than I have to do it :'(
I will continue to use the cancel button, but it's more time consuming for me.

Thanks again.

Ghislain_SIBRA
Level 4
If I let the setting to 3 (mean pending shortcuts of 3 day removed and message restored if I don't miss anything), it is a lot more ressource/time consuming for the EV server ?

TonySterling
Yes, if you leave it set to 3, after 3 days the pending will be reset to a normal message. IMHO, I do not think it is taxing on the server process.

Ghislain_SIBRA
Level 4
Ok, thanks.
I will see to made the change on the server.