cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"error storing saveset in EMC Centera Reason: EMC Centera Server has no cap

Robert_dos_Ramo
Level 4
Hi guys

I am getting this error from the Journaling server:"error storing saveset in EMC Centera Reason: EMC Centera Server has no capacity to store data." now I have checked the centera and it has 7.5gigs of space left.

The other error I am reciving is "The Clip cannot be deleted from the EMC Centera Server. Pool Address: ...This can be caused by the Clip Retention period or because the Centera does not allow deletes to be performed." this error follows the first error mentioned above.

The system we are using is the EV 5 sp 5. on windows server 2003.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
The error says about storing data, the free space you see may not be for storing. You might want to ping EMC about that one.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
The error says about storing data, the free space you see may not be for storing. You might want to ping EMC about that one.

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
Is this a new Centera? I came across this error once before when the Centera was configured incorrectly. If I remember correctly, I was working on a 4 TB Centera and parity was turned on. Parity is not supported unless you have a certain number of storage nodes.

I would have EMC check to see if your Centera is configured properly.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
The Clip cannot be deleted error can occur if you are using Centera in Compliance mode. If you get some kind of problem storing an item then EV will try to roll back the transaction. As part of this it means removing the item from the Centera. If however the Centera is in compliance mode then that delete will fail and the error you see will get logged. Really though, it's relatively harmless unless it's happening lots.