cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shortcut deletion problem

torgeir
Level 3
hi i'm trying to delete evault shortcuts from user's mailbox but i'm facing a little problem here.. here's what i've done so far: created new provisioning group and mailbox & desktop policies (which prevent archiving and sets the shortcut deletion to 1 days). added a user to these policies and exported the archive to a pst file now i'm trying to run shortcut processing to his mailbox which would delete all the shortcuts. the task doesn't show any errors but all of those shortcuts are still in his mailbox. could you help me out with this? how can i get rid of them? thanks -t
7 REPLIES 7

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner
Open the mailbox and do a search for on message type, delete all the results.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

One other suggestion, did you run synchronization on that mailbox?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
I beleive this document should help you http://support.veritas.com/docs/285077

torgeir
Level 3
yes i did run synchronization (and i also checked the mailbox policies with 'display assigned policies to mailboxes' wizard and the user had correct mailbox & desktop policies)

@maxwits: i'd like to get this working because there will be other users too which will be deleted from the vault.

@rahulg: weird, i only have that shortcut deletion tab in fsa task. not in exchange mailbox task

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

then it might be that the box is unchecked to archive mailboxes in this provisioning group, did you uncheck that?

torgeir
Level 3
yes it was unchecked. i checked it back and ran synchronization for the mailbox but that didn't to the trick either

torgeir
Level 3
any other settings that i should be aware of?

and btw it's evault 8.x, so here's the technote for it: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/329716.htm everything seems to be ok, but i still can't get them to be deleted..

thanks for the help

-t