cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

via OWA retreive archived mail very slow

Kelvin_C
Level 2
hi,

Does anyone encounter performance issue when retrevie archived mail from OWA.

6 REPLIES 6

Marc_Lueckert
Level 3
Hi Kelvin

We have Exchange 2003 OWA with a frontend backend architecture and retrieving of archived items is very slow. Regardless of the system utilization it takes up to 30seconds to retrieve an item trough owa.
Our external symantec partner could not give us a solution for that.

So if someone has an idea how to increase the performance I would be very interested.

Cheers
Marc

Brian_Day
Level 6
For whatever its worth, we have the same issue. OWA is blazingly fast until you try to open an archived item, then you have to tap your foot for a little while. It isn't quite 30 seconds, but long enough to notice. Retrieving archived items from Outlook client using either the DCOM or HTTP EV client is far faster.

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
The first time you open an archived item in OWA the system has to check your permissions against the archive and also check any group permissions etc. This usually takes a short amount of time. After this the items should open fairly quickly though this is dependent on your infrastructure, load of system at the time of opening, etc.

It would prob be worth logging a call with support.

Regards,

Mark

payoun
Level 4
I had the same issue with a customer using ISA with Exchange Front End servers. After using HTTP compression, retrieving archived mails is much quicker, but still not closed when openning standarts emails..

Hope this will help.
Peter

Joseph_Correia
Level 5
Partner Accredited
I have a similar issue, though it is ISA with Exchange backend.
Retrieval of archived messages is much slower when compared to opening regular messages.

Exuse my ignorance but where did you modify the HTTP compression setting?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
What version of Exchange and Server?