Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is it that gives the choice of which archive to place an item

adebola24
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi Guys

We've got a customer who reports that when they archive manually they are presented with a screen to choose which archive to store the item, some of these produce a failure when selected as they don't have permission to the archive

what causes this screen to provide the options ? and how do i stop it from appearing or control which archives it offers ?

Chri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Usually its whenever you have access to someone elses archive, such as a shared archive, or someone giving delegate controls, its possible i suppose that just having Read access to an archive would give this? but not sure.

You can use the new EV 10 SP1 unified client as that functionality was removed

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Usually its whenever you have access to someone elses archive, such as a shared archive, or someone giving delegate controls, its possible i suppose that just having Read access to an archive would give this? but not sure.

You can use the new EV 10 SP1 unified client as that functionality was removed

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

In the 'old days' it was only the DCOM client that gave that functionality.  With the 10.0.1 client, the HTTP client can do so now as well.

Working for cloudficient.com

adebola24
Level 5
Partner Accredited

ok, by switching the desktop policy to say outlook behaviour to HTTP only removes this but ...

is there a document somewhere which shows the differences both actual and user experience of using the HTTP only / DCOM client

i'm aware that the 10.0.1 client is unified mind

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

When / if you use the 10.0.1 Outlook Add-in, there is no difference.

I would suggest that.

Working for cloudficient.com