Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IM Licensing

FrancescoRusso
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

I'd like to know how is the data stored in the Cloud and analyzed by IM accounted for when we estimate the TB to be licensed.

In other words, do we need to figure out the TB of data in the Cloud in addition to the NetBackup Policies IM supports?

Thanks,

Francesco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Francesco,

We will give our cusotmers insight in to all the databases they have running, both new and old. Primary use case will be to identify stale and redundant databases so they could be deleted or archived in order to reduce costs on infrastrucutre and licensing, but also to help improve their compliance posture. What's likely to be in a database? Customer records or personal information. So if any databases are being over-retained they are likely in breach of regulations such as GDPR. At this point we will report on the database overall, but not within the contents of the database.

Darren

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Darren_Locke
Level 6
Employee

Hi Francesco,

I've interpreted your question 2 ways, so will give 2 answers. Hopefully one of them will be what you are looking for.

First of all, InfoMap is a SaaS service. You do not need to pay for anything above and beyond the standard InfoMap subscription for any storage related to how we run and operate the service.

If you want to analyze data in cloud repositories such as Amazon S3 (available now) or the likes of OneDrive, Box, Azure etc. (announced and available very soon) then yes, you would need to take in to account the volume of data in these repositories if you wanted to fully visualize all a companies data sets. Of course you could partially license and then you can pick and choose which data stores you wish to analyze.

Hope this helps,
Darren

FrancescoRusso
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Darren,

thanks you did answer my question.

Very soon I'll have a customer meeting to present IM and I'd like to know the exact Cloud repositories supported today with the latest agent version which I think is 2.0.0.4.

From the Whats new dated Sept 2017 is seems that there are several Cloud repo supported already.

Also, is there an Admin Guide of the product?

Thanks,

Regards,

Francesco

Hi Francesco,

The latest agent is 2.0.0.5 which supports Amazon S3 repositiories. At the end of this month, we will be launching the following cloud connectors for early adopters:

• Microsoft One Drive for Business
  • Box
  • Google G-Suite G Drive
  • Microsoft SharePoint O365
  • Azure Blob Storage
  • Azure File Storage
  • GCP Storage
  • Generic S3
  • Microsoft Exchange O365
  • Google G-Suite Email

We will also be launching the following on-premises connectors:

• CIFS File Servers
  • NFS File Servers
  • OpenText Documentum
  • OpenText LiveLink
  • IBM Filenet
  • Microsoft SharePoint
  • Oracle Database Server
  • Microsoft SQL Server
  • Microsoft Exchange

If you (or anyone else reading this thread) has a cusotmer interested in partiicipating in the early adopter program then please drop me a private message.

You can access the online help for Information Map here: http://veritashelpsupport.com/Welcome?locale=EN_US&context=INFOMAP1.0

Darren

FrancescoRusso
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Darren,

can you please elaborate a bit further on the Oracle connector, what is IM going to be able to do ?

Thanks,

Francesco 

Hi Francesco,

We will give our cusotmers insight in to all the databases they have running, both new and old. Primary use case will be to identify stale and redundant databases so they could be deleted or archived in order to reduce costs on infrastrucutre and licensing, but also to help improve their compliance posture. What's likely to be in a database? Customer records or personal information. So if any databases are being over-retained they are likely in breach of regulations such as GDPR. At this point we will report on the database overall, but not within the contents of the database.

Darren