cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Appliance 5020 Configuration

irfanink
Level 4

I have install Virtual Netbackup Applinace 5020. it is in Linux and i have no expertise in Linux kindly guide me how to configure Netbackup Appliance 5020.

10 REPLIES 10

andrew_mcc1
Level 6
   VIP   
Are you really sure it's a Virtual 5020? That model ran the PureDisk s/w stack vs. NBU Server and is very old. Also there wasn't virtual version (outside of Veritas sales demos).
Andrew

please check the screenshot .

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Where do yo see 5020? 

And where did you get a Virtual Appliance image?

I make this Virtual Machine on my own laptop

Marianne
Level 6

In that case, you clearly know more than me.

Good luck!

i have two Virtual Netbackup appliance, one is 5220 and the other is 5020 for testing purpose . Now i can't take console of 5220 becasue of old version and 5020 is in linux and i have no command on Linux..

eduncan
Level 5
Employee

Please run:

# cat /etc/*eleas*

Send the output.  It will tell us the version of the appliance, based on the version you can get the documentation for that version for configuring it.

Marianne
Level 6

The PureDisk 50** Appliance series did not run NetBackup software. 
It ran PD6*** software. It seems the last software version was something like PD6.6.x.x. 
All Puredisk software reached EOSL in 2014.

Why would you want to test this?

I managed to find this doc via Google:  https://symwisedownload.symantec.com/resources/sites/SYMWISE/content/live/SOLUTIONS/126000/TECH12697...

I see this in above doc:

PureDisk 6.6 introduces a new web user interface for the administration console. For more information about the new web UI, see the Symantec NetBackup PureDisk Backup Operator's Guide

andrew_mcc1
Level 6
   VIP   

OK, from the screen capture this looks like a N5020 sales demo VM. Anyway as Marianne says, there is really no reason to test this. Some while ago Veritas put in considerable resources to encourage customers to upgrade away from these systems.

If you just like old stuff and have lots of time, that could be another story (I have a PDP8 in the loft but no time...)

Andrew

Marianne
Level 6

Curious to know what the origin is of these old sales demo VMs...
And WHY anyone would want to battle with obsolete software...