Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT Analytics - Backup Success Rate Percentage past 24 hours

DPeaco
   VIP   

Does anyone know of a report that will simply show:

Master Server Name: 

Backup Success Rate for previous 24 hours: ***.**%

I need something really simple so management can understand it. :) 

Thanks,
Dennis
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DPeaco
   VIP   

Surprise.!!!! After upgrading from Aptare 10.6.17 to NBU IT Analytics 11.2.....the report now shows correctly.

The success rate is now showing to be 99.97%

My guess is that there is a difference in how Aptare and NBU IT Analytics handles the numbers being reported on.

Thanks,
Dennis

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Deep_s
Level 2
Employee

Hi Dennis, please check Report Libray for the "NBU Backup Success per Master" report. I hope that will fit your requirement.

https://reportlibrary.veritas.com/

Backup Manager > Veritas Netbackup > NBU Backup Success per Master.

Here is the screens shot of the report for your reference. 

Deep_s_0-1682433170332.png

DeepS

DPeaco
   VIP   

@Deep_s 

I don't see that folder nor the report in Aptare 10.6.17.x

Yes, I know, it's out of support now and yes again....I'm working on upgrading to NBU IT Analytics version 11.2 

:) 

Thank you for the response and the info, but I guess I'll need to wait until we upgrade, which I hope is really soon.

Thanks,
Dennis

Deep_s
Level 2
Employee

@DPeaco This is not a canned report that comes with Aptare. This report is from the reports library which is a repository of several most commonly used custom reports. You can access it from the given link.

https://reportlibrary.veritas.com/

DeepS

DPeaco
   VIP   

@Deep_s 

I downloaded and imported the report bundle. However, this report only gives success rate rounded and in whole numbers. I'm looking for something that will give me the format of 98.97% and all the stuff in Aptare/NBUITA is foreign enough to me to make the filtering/formatting more complicated that OpsCenter. What am I missing here? Please advise.

Thanks,
Dennis

Robert_Geller
Level 4
Employee

@DPeaco   the success % should carry 2 decimal places, is that not the case?  Can you post a screenshot?

DPeaco
   VIP   

@Robert_Geller 

This is what I get:

DPeaco_0-1683650369692.png

And according to my manual math, this should be a Success % of 99.27 - Right?

Thanks,
Dennis

DPeaco
   VIP   

Surprise.!!!! After upgrading from Aptare 10.6.17 to NBU IT Analytics 11.2.....the report now shows correctly.

The success rate is now showing to be 99.97%

My guess is that there is a difference in how Aptare and NBU IT Analytics handles the numbers being reported on.

Thanks,
Dennis