cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU IT Analytics-Port requirements between portal, centralized data collector and NetBackup server

SSam
Level 3

I am looking for port requirements for NetBackup IT Analytics portal server, centralized data collector server that will gather data from NetBackup Masters.

NBU IT Analytics veritas guides give default ports and some internal ports but not much clear with inbound/outbound or source/destination.

Please help me with port requirements.

8 REPLIES 8

ZenOfAnalytics
Level 4
Employee

Communications from the data collector to the NBU primary server:  Port 443 (connection to the primary for execution of CLI commands).  Port 1556 (REST API calls from the data collector to the primary server).

Data Collector to portal:  over the URL defined for the data receiver on the portal.  Typically:  http  = port 80,  https = port 443.

SSam
Level 3

Thank you ZenOfAnalytics.

Could you also please confirm port requirements for

1)NBU primary server to data collector (80, 443, 1556 and 13724 - please correct or add if missing any)

2)Portal to Data collector

Robert_Geller
Level 4
Employee

@SSam  there are 2 centralized data collector methods, one that uses SSH/WWI from the collector and one that relies on NBU binaries (being installed on the collector).  Can you clarify which method you are using? 

Also, FYI  the centralized method with binaries is going to be retired in a future release, so if you are using this method, you should plan to change to one of the other supported methods.    

rs19721
Level 3

@Robert_Geller We have installed a data collector on each of our primary servers, is this going to be impacted when the centralized method with binaries is retired.

ZenOfAnalytics
Level 4
Employee

@rs19721 You are fine with the data collector running on the primary server.  Robert was referring to a very old approach where a data collector running on a server separate from the primary server required a matching NBU version installed on the data collector.

The IT Analytics/Alta View Reports data collector is included with all NBU installation beginning with 10.1.1, and this will be the preferred method of collection going forward.

rs19721
Level 3

@ZenOfAnalytics That's a relief :) When we eventually upgrade to 10.1.1 will the existing data collectors continue to work? I'm assuming using the version included in 10.1.1 is an optional configuration?  I have taken a quick look at the install/upgrade guide for 10.1.1 and it's not clear what to do if you have an existing data collector.

ZenOfAnalytics
Level 4
Employee

Your existing data collectors will continue to work.  You are correct - the data collector that gets installed with NBU 10.1.1 + would need to be configured to connect to a portal.  

Thank you @ZenOfAnalytics and @Robert_Geller.

As this is a new deployment, I prefer to go for SSH/WMI. In the case, for configuration settings for Datacollector tasks options : Data Collector (includes WMI proxy) / APTARE WMI proxy server (only) -  Is there any change in the latest version like centralized method with binaries retirement.