cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of NITA (NetBackup IT Analytics) with Azure has failed.

Iftekhar_Dalvi
Level 3

Hi Everyone, 

Based on the prerequisite document, we have successfully created the application and roles for NITA & Azure integration. However, we encountered an authentication error during the configuration of the NITA policy for Azure.

Following the NITA Cloud guide, we supplied the following details:
- Offer ID
- Tenant ID
- Application ID

Additionally, we provided the password associated with the Application ID (the registered Microsoft Azure application).

Despite these efforts, an authentication error persisted.

Any ideas on where to start?

Many thanks!

Iftekhar
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rs19721
Level 3

I had problems with one subscription,  I tested connectivity using the credentials from powershell on the data collector which was successful to prove that they were valid.

ITA still would not connect with the same credential, after some googling found it was caused by a "+" character in the password, I swapped this out for "%2B" and ITA connected successfully.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

rs19721
Level 3

I had problems with one subscription,  I tested connectivity using the credentials from powershell on the data collector which was successful to prove that they were valid.

ITA still would not connect with the same credential, after some googling found it was caused by a "+" character in the password, I swapped this out for "%2B" and ITA connected successfully.

Dear RS 19721,

Thank you for the suggestion. I was able to resolve the issue by creating a new password. However, I am facing a problem while generating the report for Azure after adding a subscription. Have you also faced such issues after implementing the Azure policy?

BR,

Iftekhar D.

I had an issue where the Azure Backup probe would not work after successfully connecting and getting the subscription information from the tenant, Veritas supplied a patched version of the AzureBackupCollector.groovy file which is on the data collector. I have had to replace the file after each ITA upgrade to date, we are on 11.2.0.6, not sure if this is the case in 11.2.0.7.

The other probes were okay, we don't use the Azure reports at the moment we have written our own SQL queries.

@rs19721   FYI...Im trying to confirm what release your patch is/will be merged into an upgrade release.  IIRC, this was related to obtaining an "authorization token".  

@Iftekhar_Dalvi  - if you see similar log entry it will be the same issue

AzureBackupCollector.getBackupJobs:384 - Could not build a

map containing the URIs of all the VMs in the subscription
java.lang.Exception: Failed to obtain a new authorization token

Robert_Geller
Level 4
Employee

@Iftekhar_Dalvi  - what type of report issues are you having?  no data/incorrect data? something else?

Iftekhar_Dalvi
Level 3

The above error we received while collecting the Data after ruining the policy.

Following is the report for az subscription summary:

Iftekhar_Dalvi_3-1700657891657.png

It seems like my Azure account is new and doesn't have much data, which is why I received those error messages.

I am glad to inform you that I can generate all the reports without any problems now.

Iftekhar_Dalvi_0-1701090916733.png

Thank you for your help @rs19721 @Robert_Geller .