cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert_to_hostnames.sh question

Frankie_Ng
Level 3

Hello, anyone used "convert_to_hostnames.sh" command to convert the SPA IP address to hostname?

I want to do a PureDisk DR backup to NetBackup, however the SPA currently using IP address, NetBackup failed to backup the client using IP address, so any alternate method to do it, please help

Thanks

Clieman 

3 REPLIES 3

Abesama
Level 6
Partner

I have not used the script, but maybe we can troubleshoot from the NetBackup side?

NetBackup backup jobs should not simply fail because a client is known to the server as IP address, I believe.

What's the error code/message in NetBackup job - have you checked bprd log on master and the bpcd/vnetd log on the client?

Abe

bakitup
Level 4
I have used it and it works fine.  NetBackup client name must match the name in the topology configuration for DR backups and exports to work.

Abesama
Level 6
Partner

Yes that's right, I forgot it is combination of filesystem backup and database backup, from NetBackpu's point of view - and the jobs are initiated by the PureDisk servers (NetBackup clients)

So the reverse lookup will take place on the NBU server side, and from there, name becomes very important.

Thanks.