cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6.0 MP4 -> 6.5.2 update

Fabrizio_Ermini
Level 2

Hi to all forumers!

I'm going to do an update of a 6.0 MP4 system to 6.5.2. I've already simulated the transition in a virtual environment and it seems a very straightforward process. I've a doubt however: anyone knows if the update process cause a reset of incremental policies - i.e., do all policies became "full" for the first run after the update? I haven't found a clear statement about that in the docs. 

Thanks for any reply!

Ciao,

Fabrizio

2 REPLIES 2

Jason_Voyles
Level 4

There is a known bug with the 6.5.2 update where all backups will require a full after the update. This is something that Symantec is supposed to fix in the 6.5.3 release. I have been informed by our Symantec BCS support to hold off upgrading until the 6.5.3 release. It doesn’t look like it will affect a fresh install though … so we are rolling out 6.5.2A on 5 few brand new master servers. BTW, Make sure you download the 6.5.2A releases! There are a few bug fixes in the original 6.5.2 release that is pretty important to implement. BCS would not elaborate much on it. Hope this helps..  

~Jason Voyles

Fabrizio_Ermini
Level 2

@jason Voyles wrote:

There is a known bug with the 6.5.2 update where all backups will require a full after the update. This is something that Symantec is supposed to fix in the 6.5.3 release. I have been informed by our Symantec BCS support to hold off upgrading until the 6.5.3 release.

Thanks Jason. I was aware of a similar bug with 6.0 MP6, and that was the reason we hold off that update, considering that we would soon going with the newer 6.5 branch. I'll take a look to the releaseplan to see if it's better to wait for 6.5.3 or do the update on a sunday (when the policies would run "full" anyway...)

BTW, Make sure you download the 6.5.2A releases! There are a few bug fixes in the original 6.5.2 release that is pretty important to implement. BCS would not elaborate much on it. Hope this helps..  

Yep, I wrote 6.5.2 for brevity, but i've already downloaded 6.5.2a ;^)

Thanks again for your comment, and have a good day!

Ciao,

Fabrizio