cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.7.3 Java Console won't cancel jobs

D_Flood
Level 6

Ok, I remember a thread about this but can't find it.  What's the fix for 7.7.3 Java Console on Win2k8 not canceling jobs?

The option is there, it behaves like it should, asks the right questions, but the job never cancels...

<EDIT>

SLP Window Closures are also not working...

7 REPLIES 7

nbutech
Level 6
Accredited Certified

I have followed the below process mostly

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000006458

nbutech
Level 6
Accredited Certified

If you think it is just cancel issue you can use command

bpdbjobs -cancel jobid

I'll try that.  Some of the jobs finally went to 150 status....2 to 6 hours later...

<bleep> When I say Cancel, I need it to cancel!  Now!

Mike_Gavrilov
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There are two possible places for the potential problem:

1. Master server is unable to connect to the media server to cancel related processes.

2. Media server is unable to stop running process because it might inlove unresponsive tape drive or something like this.

If I were you I would run test policy to some disk based STU on different media servers to exclude reasons like this  But it could be a simple bug.

Mike, I think there's two things going on:

1) I haven't had the chance yet to upgrade the Appliances from 7.6.1.2 to 7.7.3

2) The increased security in 7.7.3 that requires everything to be 100% correct or the command fails

I'll see if it continues to happen when I finally bite the bullet and perform the 8+ hour upgrade of each of my Appliances.

Mike_Gavrilov
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, 2.7.x upgrade is quite painful. NBU now uses certificates even if you don't use NBAC (I was surprised). I do believe in backward compatibility but the certificates can add extra problems. For example 7.7.3 upgrade ruined our customer's NBAC configuration and the only thing Veritas could adviced was "Uninstall and install NABC again" :)

Ok, a little more testing has pretty much confirmed it's the version missmatch.

If I run a job only involving my 7.7.3 boxes, it cancels right away.

If the job involves any of the 7.6.1.2 boxes, they won't cancel.  And, this is the really ugly part, it also means that SLP Window closures no longer shut down SLPs.

Yes, I've done the "push the certs out and restart" commands.  So the basic problem is that, with 7.7.3, there are a TON of undocumented changes that make it incompatible with any previous version. 

I'm just wondering what kind of <deleted> will happen when I do finally upgrade the 7.x boxes but not the clients (don't ask, some not supported, some too political to upgrade)...I hope that basic file backups still work...