cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add replication target by command line ?

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Hello

Trying to find the command line(s) to add a MSDP replication target on a storage server

Have tried both the manuals, the Veritas support site and an external search engine without luck.

Regards

Michael

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue
7 REPLIES 7

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello

Were you looking at nbstl command??

IE

nbstl SLP_NAME -add -dc Platinum -uf 0,3,1 -source 0,1,1

-residence stu_disk_sserver,__NA__,stu -pool __NA__,__NA__,tape_pool -rl 1,1,1 -target_master __NA__,remotesserver,__NA__ -target_importslp __NA__,tgtslpname,__NA__ -managed 0,0,0

Hadn't as my understanding was that the remote storage server should be added before creating the SLP.

Like you do in the java console under credentials/storage server/change storage server/replication.

Will give nbstl a look

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

nbstl gives

error 1528: The source copy for a duplication to remote master is not capable of replication

unfortunately.

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello

Looks like I misunderstood...

Sorry the command you do look after is most likely nbseccmd... Above example was to create SLP to replicate...

DESCRIPTION
The nbseccmd -setuptrustedmaster command sets up a one-way or two-way
trust relationship between a master server and a remote master server. You can
specify that only the master server trusts the remote master server (-localonly)
or that only the remote master trusts the master server (-remoteonly).
This command can be run only on the master server.

Pretty sure nbseccmd is not what I am looking for, as that has to do with security/NBAC which not a requirement for replication.

Still think nbdevconfig would make most sense, maybe in combination with tpconfig for the login setting.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I do not have the answer, just a suggestion:

Enable Java Console logging, then perform the action in the GUI.
Check the log to see the command that was issued in the backgroud to perform the GUI action.

Not sure if it all still works the same in NBU 7.7, but this has worked for me in version 7.6.x :

Locate Debug.properties file on the machine where you are running Java Console.
Good idea to do this on the master server as well.

Ensure these lines are uncommented:

printcmds=true 
printCmdLines=true
debugMask=0x00040000

Change the last line to: 

debugMask=0x0C000000

Save the file. Close Java GUI and open/logon again.

Make some changes in the GUI.
The command(s) will be logged in nbjlogs.
On my laptop (where I have Java Console installed), the path is :
C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\logs\user_ops\nbjlogs

Thanks, found something called addreplication thread, but sadly not the actually command(s)