cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administer NetBackup from remote server using Java console

jacksors
Level 4
How do I go about administering NetBackup 6.5.4 running on a windows platform from a server other than the Media or master server?

I've installed the Java webconsole on my desktop, however when I open it, it wants me to provide a username and password. I have no security controls defined in NetBackup. When I open the console on the server, it does not require authentication.

Does anyone know how I can use this without a userid and password or where I can go to setup access?

I've also tried using the full console, but I get a message saying the "system does not have access to view". I've added my machine name to the Host Properties of the master server under "servers allowed to access this system".

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6
Provide the windows master server credentials

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
On your pc you install the windows Remote Admin Console.

Go to your master, and open the console.
open up the properties of the master server
On the left choose Servers
on the right put your PC name in the window for Additional Servers.
You may need to bounce the NB services on the master server for this to take effect.

this should then allow you to use the console from your pc.

Now if (while using the console from your pc) you want to browse a client server ( say you are setting up a policy and want to browse for backup selections) you will need to add your pc name to that clients properties under servers - additional servers.

This should then work.  ( I have been using the window remote admin console for 6 years)

rjrumfelt
Level 6
the master/media servers to your hostfile on your pc

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
you should not need to do that if dns is working correctly.

jacksors
Level 4
Thanks for all the responses.

I'm on my admin workstation with the Java Admin console installed. I supply the master server name, my domain user name in the form of "domain\username" and my password. My user account is a domain admin so I have admin rights to the server. When I click login, I get, "invalid username and password".

What authentication source is NetBackup using to check credentials?

rjrumfelt
Level 6
just launch NBConsole.exe - I believe this is what J.Hinchcliffe is talking about.

From here, follow the steps that J.Hinchcliffe listed, and you should not be prompted for any type of authentication