cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All folders view expanded, Restore client Netbackup

mane
Level 3

Hello,

Since I re-installed my admin computer I noticed that when I launch the Backup, Restore, tool, the "All folder" view is by default expanded as in the screenshot enclosed.

I would like it to be by default collapsed (other screenshot). Does anyone know how and where we can set it?

Thank you,

mane

7 REPLIES 7

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

within the BAR "NetBackup Client Properties" preventing it populating the "All Folders" window at all when you first open the GUI (until such time as you select a backup within the history window) - untick "Perform default search" - but wasn't aware there was a setting for the expansion of folders/filesystems.

Would be interesting to find out where that one is!

mane
Level 3

The setting "Perform default search" is already unticked. As soon as I select a backup within the history window the all folder window is populated and the folder are expanded. The problem is that for the expansion it takes a lot of time loading the information as it has to retrieve the informaiton for the Master Server.

I know from my old installation that it was not behaving like, and it is the same case on my colleague's computer. There is certainly somewhere hidden an option like this.

Below more information about my environment:

OS Master Server: Windows Server 2003

Admin Computer: Windows XP

Netbackup server version: NBU 6.5.5

BAR version: Netbackup Client 6.5

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

it transpires that for us all Windows clients display "not expanded" & *NIX clients display "expanded" using the same BAR client (i.e. my PC) - certainly doesn't clarify anything, sorry.

mane
Level 3

Did you find anything new? Or does anyone know something about this?

I have been looking without success.

mane

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

What seemed strange for "us" was that it seemed to be dependent upon the source client O/S, but having just done another test even our Solaris boxes don't expand now (can't remember which one I tested on last time, but have done quite a few now & they all show as un-expanded).

If there is a setting in the GUI I can't find it though....

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Not to be beaten, I had another look at the various options available in the BAR GUI. When playing around with the "Show Most Recent Backup of Files" and "Show All Backups of Files" toggles I got the GUI to expand for a couple of attempts, but then I did something & it stopped & reverted to not expand - so play around with this, setting it to one or the other, refreshing &/or shutting down the gui & restarting & you might get it back to not expand.

I'll play with it again & see if there's a specific sequence of steps that you need to follow to achieve what you want!

***EDIT***
First bit of "documentation" - not promising really.

With "Perform Default Search" unticked & option to "Show Most Recent Backup of Files" already set (defaults to this each time GUI opens anyway) I opened the GUI for one of our UNIX servers. Clicked on one save/image & folders were expanded. Highlighted two, then three then four saves all for the same day & they all showed expanded. When selecting all backup images for the past two days (8 in total) the results were not expanded. With the GUI still open & no refresh, went back to the same images selected earlier & they all remained un-expanded.

Closing & re-opening the GUI & repeating the above had the same result. Expanded initially & not expanded when all eight images selected.

Closing & re-opening the GUI several times (to reset as it were) & trying to select increasing number of images resulted in the folders not expanding after either 5 or 7 images were selected (also occurred with 4 spread over 2 days). Does not seem to be much logic behind this in all honesty, but...

Does not appear that the "Show All..." or "Show Recent..." have any bearing tho'. The above seems to happen with either.

***EDIT #2***
Cannot duplicate this with Windows clients. The first one I just tried again did expand & then the next image was not expanded & could not get it to expand again.

As I said earlier, no logic.

Which probably means that this "procedure" will not work for you!

mane
Level 3

I tried the different steps you did, added other but still didn't work. I just wanted to confirm you that it didn't work for me! :)

Anyway thank you for the effort.