cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving policy

perez_cmz
Level 6

Is there such a thing as a policy that will delete the data after it has been backed up ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Yes. It is called user archive and can only be run from the client. Create a policy with User Archive schedule and open window during which user operation will be allowed. Use GUI on client or cmd (bparchive) to specify file/folder list.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Level 6
Yes. It is called user archive and can only be run from the client. Create a policy with User Archive schedule and open window during which user operation will be allowed. Use GUI on client or cmd (bparchive) to specify file/folder list.

perez_cmz
Level 6

So file/folder list can not be specified in the backup selection list tab of the policy in the nbu console ?

Marianne
Level 6
No. Because this cannot be scheduled from the master server. You simply 'allow ' user archive in the policy and schedule. That is why it is called 'user archive '. The actual file selection and archive can only be started on the client.

perez_cmz
Level 6

So correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like no part of this process is automated ?

Can you please point me to some documentation I can present ?

Marianne
Level 6
It cannot be automated in NBU, but the user on the client can create a script using bparchive command and automate it with OS scheduler or 3rd party scheduler. You can read up on bparchive in NBU Commands manual and about User Archive schedule in NBU Admin Guide I. Unfortunately I do not have access to manuals right now and Connect has decided to remove our signatures... I have a blog called 'Handy NBU Links ' that contains links to documentation for most NBU versions.

perez_cmz
Level 6

Thank you Marianne