cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication error when connecting to the NOM web console

Glaudal
Level 2
I installed NOM 6.04 on a win 2k3 server sp1. I followed the documentation : http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/283614.htm

However when I try to connect to the NOM Administration console with the standard admin user and password (admin and Vxadmin), I have an error saying : "User authentication failed. Verify VERITAS authentication service is running".
When I checked the services, they are all running.

Does anybody had the same problem? Or is there a configuration with Vxss which is not specified in the installation documentation?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Chris_Sayles
Level 4
Did you install NOM using a local administrator

Chris_Sayles
Level 4
Did you install NOM using a local Administrator account, and is the server that NOM is installed on in the additional servers list in the servers tab on the master servers properties?

Glaudal
Level 2
Yes installed it using local administrator user and I added the server in the trusted server list. The fact is that it's a french win 2k3 server and I had to rename the group "Administreurs" and "Utilisateur" in Administrator and User.

When I looked at the service running, the service "Netbackup Operation Manager server" is not running and when I start it manually it is automatically stopped. Is this normal?

Glaudal
Level 2
The problem is finally solved. For those who can have the same problem, it cames from the domain. I had to put in the Windows host files the relation between IP adresses end the name.

Anas_Omar
Level 2
Hi,
please tell me how to add it to trusted server, i tried from master server jnbSA and right click on the master server to add NOM as trusted but no thing was found about this.

Thanks in advnce

Anas_Omar
Level 2
my master server is Solaris 10 and NOM is windows 2k3
using nb6.5