cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR Restore won't start "Failed to verify backup--rc(1002)

Aurelien59
Level 4

Hi,

We are running NBU 8.0 (both clients, medias, master), and these days I'm trying to perform a BMR restore on a W2008r2 client using NBU 8.0. We're not encountering any errors with the backup operations, but when we start a BMR Restore (USB Key Boot, as we always do here), we encounter:

Aurelien59_0-1713858606471.png

Aurelien59_1-1713858639690.png

I don't know what clues or logs I should search for, as this is the first time I've encountered this error, and I can't find anything on the Veritas forums or elsewhere.
(same problem with Prepare to Restore)

Can anyone helps with this error rc(1002) ?

2 REPLIES 2

kiyan
Level 5

Hi,
have you ever done a successful BMR restore for windows in your environment?
are you restoring the image to original client or different one?
have you done the generic discovery,configuring the restore point, and then doing the restore?
can you check the bprd log on the master server and provide us the output?

"have you ever done a successful BMR restore for windows in your environment?"
Yes, many. I just tried 10mn ago with another client similar (OS and Model) and the restore starts without problem.

"are you restoring the image to original client or different one?"
In a different one, we do this regularly to simulate client (physical PC or Server) troubleshooting.

"have you done the generic discovery,configuring the restore point, and then doing the restore?"
You mean "Prepare to discover" ? I never had to do this before.
And yes I tried configuring a new restore point but maybe I did it wrong ?

can you check the bprd log on the master server and provide us the output?
attached file (client I want to restore is called SRV-GALAXY-CAFF, we use specifics restore IPs 123.8.50.xx with PC-RESTORE-xx as name registered on both media and master Host file)