cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPCD and BPRD

belse
Level 5

Hi All,

I need to know about BPCD and BPRD. I found much confusion in the admin books somewhere written both are microsoft protocal and another guide says bpcd is used in windows and bprd in unix?

Can somebody elaborate about these two?

Thanks,

Belse

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Both are used in Unix and Windows.

bprd is the executable that is called the Request daemon on a Unix/Linux master and the Request service on a Windows master.

bpcd runs on all servers and clients and is used for initial handshake between servers and clients  - Client daemon on Unix/Linux  and Client Service on Windows.

See Appendix A of the Troubleshooting Guide for overview of NetBackup processes.

First read through the process flow diagrams, then read up about the different processes under the topic NetBackup programs and daemons.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Both are used in Unix and Windows.

bprd is the executable that is called the Request daemon on a Unix/Linux master and the Request service on a Windows master.

bpcd runs on all servers and clients and is used for initial handshake between servers and clients  - Client daemon on Unix/Linux  and Client Service on Windows.

See Appendix A of the Troubleshooting Guide for overview of NetBackup processes.

First read through the process flow diagrams, then read up about the different processes under the topic NetBackup programs and daemons.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I found much confusion in the admin books somewhere written both are microsoft protocal and another guide says bpcd is used in windows and bprd in unix?

Where exactly in our documentation did you read this?  We'll be sure to correct it right away.