cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exce

Naveedulhaq
Level 2
Hello,

My LTO-4 device was damaged then i buy LTO-6 and i have to restore data from LTO-4 tapes with this new LTO-6 device, when i am trying to inventory and catalog the Tape i get this error:
The job failed with the following error: The media has an unrecognized media header.

Can someone help me with this.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
There is no way for backup exec or any other software except data protector to read your tapes.

You must Keep your data protector or use an old server to install data protector

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

StefanosM
Level 6

first, you are in netbackup forum, not backup exec.

My thoughts on your problem.

Although in general there is compatibility between IBM and HP tape drives, I have many cases that a tape written in one drive can not be read on another vendor drive.
Also, if you are using encryption, had you configure the new tape for encryption in the KMS software?

First, thanks for reply.
I was using DataProtector Express software for backup the LTO-4 tapes, now with this LTO-6 i am using Veritas Backup Exec but both my TapeDrive are HPE.
And also i am not using encryption.

StefanosM
Level 6
There is no way for backup exec or any other software except data protector to read your tapes.

You must Keep your data protector or use an old server to install data protector

Thanks