cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup backup server 2016 Core with VMs

lalajee
Level 4

Hi,

I'm creating new Hyper-V policy for our Server 2016 Core host with a automatically query base VM backup but it keep failing with error when i run the query.

Please see the policy details.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Following feature needs to be installed.

• Hyper-V cmdlets in the Windows PowerShell.
    • Install-WindowsFeature Hyper-V -IncludeManagementTools -ComputerName ComputerName

After install this eveything is working fine now

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

1) Is NetBackup Client (same version as media server) installed on the Windows Server 2016 Core Hyper-V host?

2) Do you have an Enterprise Client license (or the required licensed feature) registered on your NetBackup Master Server?

1) Is NetBackup Client (same version as media server) installed on the Windows Server 2016 Core Hyper-V host? yes we do

2) Do you have an Enterprise Client license (or the required licensed feature) registered on your NetBackup Master Server? as far as i know we do but do you know how I can check this

seeing a status 25, I would run bptestbpcd -client "Windows 2016 core host" from the master and media servers, it should return exit status 0.

the 4221 might be caused by the status 25, but would check the prerequsites for Windows 2016 Hyper-V again just to be sure.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

seeing a status 25, I would run bptestbpcd -client "Windows 2016 core host" from the master and media servers, it should return exit status 0.

I get this when running from master server

Capture.PNG

The standard questions: Have you checked:
1) What has changed. This is first policy for 2016, nothing has been change, server 2012 r2 or 2008 r2 hyper-v host works fine

2) The manua: if i setup as manual policy it works fine

3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue. i did found about 2016 policy setup but it didnt help. i follow it but i still get same problem

Try running bptestbpcd -client "Windows 2016 core host" -debug, gives more information which some times gives an indication of the problem.

Don't know if Windows 2016 hyper-V requires the vnetd user like the 2012 R2 hyper-v cluster does. But have seen status 25 or empty result when vnetd ran as local system on a hyper-v cluster under 2012 R2.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

This is what i see in the log.

Capture.PNG

This is what i see when run that commend.

Capture.PNG

I already confugire the host service to use domain account with admin rights

Capture.PNG

Following feature needs to be installed.

• Hyper-V cmdlets in the Windows PowerShell.
    • Install-WindowsFeature Hyper-V -IncludeManagementTools -ComputerName ComputerName

After install this eveything is working fine now