cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup selections are creating separate jobs

stipper007
Level 3

Another bewildering issue.

I have created a policy and have chosen to backup 10 selected items, some filesystems and some DAT files.

I ran the policy yesterday afternoon and it completed successfully in a timely manner.

Having made no changes, i have ran it again this morning and herein lies the issue. In Netbackup admin console>activity monitor, 10 jobs have started each with one of the backup selections.

This is causing major issues as we use flashcopy volumes and bpstart/end scripts that freeze our databases temporarily creates the flash copy, thaws the database and contiunes with the backup.

With 10 trying to run at once, the server is getting into a poor state.

I am at a loss as to why this would even happen. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

see if some one selected the "Allow multiple Data streams" option in the Backup policy attributes tabs.

if this option is selected, each backup selection will get trigged as one seperate job

see the below tech note for more detils about this

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH31512

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

stipper007
Level 3

I forgot to add the version which is 7.0.1

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

see if some one selected the "Allow multiple Data streams" option in the Backup policy attributes tabs.

if this option is selected, each backup selection will get trigged as one seperate job

see the below tech note for more detils about this

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH31512

stipper007
Level 3

Nagalla thank you very much, this option had been selected, however I dont know how or who. I still need to re-run at an arranged time but thanks again for the help. I will let you know

stipper007
Level 3

Nagalla, this was indeed the issue as since removing the selection, the problem has not returned. Thanks for your help.smiley