cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupSelection with FQDN

Server_2
Level 3
Hello There,

I am runngin NBU 6.5.1, but I have a question, How can I set the NBU to show me the FQDN instead of only the path of the client, for example, I have a ServerA and ServerB, and I need to backup D:\Data on ServerA and ServerB, so I make a policy to backup both server but under my backupselection tab, I see D:\Data, D:\Data, so which one is for ServerA and which is for ServerB? I now on backup exec I was able to change a setting and show the FQDN instead of a normal/local name, there is any way on Netbackup to do the same thing???

Thanks!!!

3 REPLIES 3

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
if both servers have a D:\data folder you only need to listed once under the include list and this will apply for every single client that you have under the clients list of the policy.

regards

Server_2
Level 3
thank you for your response.

but, there is any way to show the FQDN instead of the local path?

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
No directly over the policy configuration, but you will see it under the activity monitor or every job, because netbackup will create one job per client under the policy, so you will see the client name and D:\data over each job, the policy knows that the D:\data drive is under every client that you have in the policy, so dont need to differentiate the folder, because will apply for every client.