cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see detailed job information in Java Admin Console, and backups are hanging

AntonioVargas
Level 4
Hi,

I have a netbackup server installed on a solaris. From one day to another i am not able to see the detailed info in the activity monitor, inside the admin java console of netbackup. any clue??

thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Stumpr2
Level 6
I have similiar problems sometimes and I simply exit the GUI and then go back into it and the problem is gone. I have not troubleshooted the problem.

AntonioVargas
Level 4
Thanks but the problem isnt there.
when i manual execute a backup i cannot see the details in the end..
also when i run the

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bperror -U -backstat -by_statcode -hoursago 24

command in the solaris i get nothing as a result.

this is very strange.

please advise

Stumpr2
Level 6
GENERAL ERROR: Missing job details, such as Kbytes/sec rate, in the NetBackup Java Administration Console.

..."Certain job details are written to the trylogs file.  If this file is removed the job details are no longer available in the NetBackup Administration Console."

Stumpr2
Level 6
GENERAL ERROR: Activity monitor hangs (hourglass is displayed) when viewing job details on completed jobs. The problem does not happen when viewing job details on active jobs.

Overview
Activity monitor hangs (hourglass is displayed) when viewing job details on completed jobs. The problem does not happen when viewing job details on active jobs.

Troubleshooting

Media Server Log Files:  
A search of the /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/ directory shows the bperror binary is 0 (zero) bytes in size.  

Resolution
The bperror binary is invoked by the GUI to get the status code explanation for that job's status number.  The bperror process can be observed in the /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/admin/log.<date> file.  

Restore the bperror file from a previous backup, or copy it from another media server which is running the same operating system and NetBackup version.  

To test the bperror binary, text should be produced when the following commands are run:

bperror -S <status#>
bperror -S <status#> -r
bperror -U -hoursago 48

The GUI hangs only when the bperror file exists, but has zero bytes in size.  If the bperror file was missing, or had execute permissions removed, the activity monitor would not hang.

AntonioVargas
Level 4
Thanks again but the problem was different. I had the trylog file of the specific job.

I have found the solution. For the record, the problem was with the bperror executable file. I dont know why but it was with 0kb.

the link for the solution.

Thanks

AntonioVargas
Level 4
Guru was faster than me :)

thats the exact solution Guru.

thanks

Stumpr2
Level 6
You are welcome, my friend.

I try to get information that may help out as quickly as possible. Sometimes it fixes the problem and sometimes it doesn't. But all of my replies are meant to help the poster think through the problem.