cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Recovery

chrislogo
Level 5

Can we recover the catalog on a master server which already has an old catalog in 6.5.1

5 REPLIES 5

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified

Let me see if I understad,

You want to recover the catalog from NB 6.5.1 to NB 6.5.X (X>1)?

When you say "recover" are you replacing the catalog or trying to "merge" the catalog with the newer one?

It's not supported, but I would just backup the /db/images/ folder and restore them to the new server.

chrislogo
Level 5
we had recovered the full catalog 2 weeks back , now some additional data has been backed up in the original site i just want that to be reflected in this DR site , whats the best and fastest way do it , copying the /db/images folder ?

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

Yes you can just copy the images to the db/images folder, but no sure if the EMM database was modified too, if was the process is not that simple you will probably need to run the update with SQL query in the Sybase DB, which can be a risky thing if you dont know what are you doing, if there are changes on the EMM DB I will say better contact syamantec for this step, but you can perform the images migration at any time.

regards

schmaustech
Level 5

If this is just a DR site, why not restore the whole catalog again?  If your catalog is so large that it makes it unfeasible, then I would look at doing some kind of replication of your /usr/openv or C:\Program Files\VERITAS directory structure so your DR site is kept up to date in real time.

Regards,

Benjamin Schmaus

chrislogo
Level 5

Is it possible to recover a new catalog (having new backups since the last recovery) on top of a catalog which was recovered 2 weeks back without deleting the old one and doing a fresh recovery 

I do not want to put time and effort on creating the system from scratch and configuring the devices again as this site has a different tape library and media server