cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog backup session hung

dpx_99
Level 4
Hi experts,
I,m new in netbackup area. I've noticed that catalog backup job is in hung state for couple of weeks. Can I cancel/abort this job/session? And re-run again? Is there any procedure to check DB consistentacy ?
Many thanks
Dpx
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tousif
Level 6

Hello,

There multiple stages to complete the catalog backup. There are 4 jobs get created 1 parent & 3 child.

Troubleshooting will be depend on which job having issue. Please share the hang job detail status.

If the current backup is not showing any progress in KB written the safe to cancel the job.

Kindly cancel in order from child to parent job (Recommended).

To check the Database consistency run the below command from master server.

Unix:
/usr/openv/nebackup/bin/nbdb_admin -validate -full

For full consistency refer the article.

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000006049

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tousif
Level 6

Hello,

There multiple stages to complete the catalog backup. There are 4 jobs get created 1 parent & 3 child.

Troubleshooting will be depend on which job having issue. Please share the hang job detail status.

If the current backup is not showing any progress in KB written the safe to cancel the job.

Kindly cancel in order from child to parent job (Recommended).

To check the Database consistency run the below command from master server.

Unix:
/usr/openv/nebackup/bin/nbdb_admin -validate -full

For full consistency refer the article.

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000006049

Regards,

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I think it is safe to assume that any backup that is in ' hung state for couple of weeks' is no longer running and has actually failed long time ago without the failure being communicated to nbjm. Kill any hung child and parent jobs.

Start another catalog backup ASAP.
Look at each child job carefully. Monitor to see that each stage starts and completes successfully.
The netbackup\db portion of the catalog takes longer, depending on catalog size - monitor this job for progress (Kbytes growing) till it completes.