cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Volume pool

abu_jaman
Level 6
How i can change the media 'X' volume pool from  'A' to 'B'? Media 'X'  was scratch media but i have copied images of different media into 'X'. I want to add media 'X' into volume pool 'B'. I tried to use GUI but the volume pool does not change. I right clicked on ' Change' and altered volume pool into 'B'. It gives me messages that it cant change.
6 REPLIES 6

Stumpr2
Level 6
You normally cannot change the volume pool of a tape that is assigned and has valid images. There is a way to unassign, change the pool, and then assign to new volume pool but I do not recommend doing it. That is why you cannot do it with the GUI.

Put the unused tape into the proper volume pool before you write to it.

abu_jaman
Level 6
Thanks again to you man. I learning a lot from you guys. God bless.

Stumpr2
Level 6
VERITAS NetBackup will not allow an assigned media to be moved to a different volume pool.

Stumpr2
Level 6
Media Manager error 94: "Volume not in specified pool" - scenarios and solutions

Stumpr2
Level 6

abu.jaman wrote:
Thanks again to you man. I learning a lot from you guys. God bless.

You are most welcome. I have included the technotes on the procedures to do what you were asking about. However, again I do not recommend following them unless absolutely necessary. Consider them educational only.

Darren_Dunham
Level 6
In addition, if you really want to, you can duplicate images on the tape to another tape in the pool, then expire the images from it, then put it into the pool you want.

This is handy if the volume "should" be in a particular pool because of the way it's named.  You don't mention why you want to put it into the other pool, so I'm not sure if this will be helpful fo ryou.

--
Darren