Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clustered client problems

JHeaton
Level 6

NBU - 7.1 Capacity

Master/media server - 2k8R2

client - Server 2008 Enterprise

I have a Windows Failover Cluster setup, with two nodes, CS2a, and CS2b.  I have installed the NBU client on both nodes, following the prescribed method.  When it was first setup, the backup to the cluster name, CS2, failed each night with a status 71.  The issue was if I access the client properties for the cluster name, the cluster drives don't show up.  Therefore, the backup job can't find them, and it fails.

Mysteriously, the job started working one day, and I have no idea why.  It was nothing I had done within NBU, or on the client itself.  Last night, I installed security updates on the client, and rebooted the client.  The backup job failed again last night, again with a 71 status code, and again, the clustered drives are not showing under the cluster name properties.  They are showing under the properties for CS2a.

I know we had a rather extensive thread on this a while back, but I'm hoping that someone has some new idea as to why this is happening.  I'm also going to open a support ticket on the issue, and I will keep you guys updated on anything I find from support.

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

How are hostnames resolved outside of NBU?

DNS?

If so, please double-check that forward and reverse lookup for hostnames and IP addresses resolve correctly.