cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

- _DSSU_POLICY_ schedules behavior -

Tom_Dooley
Level 4

Hello experts,

In our Environment we have 5 disk storage units on which we are saving the incrementals backups every night. Next day we are duplicationg the data from these units to tapes.

The scheduler is set to Frequency every 1 day. I have realized that the duplication jobs are not starting for all the units daily. For example today the scheduled jobs for duplication were started only for 2 of the units.

Yesterday the jobs were started only for the other 3 of them. Sometimes the jobs are started for all of them.

Is this a normal behavior of Netbackup since we have the scheduler set to have the frequency to every day? How does Netbackup starts these duplication jobs (depending the amount of data that was written in the last nigth on the disk) ?

3 REPLIES 3

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What are your backup windows?  You might want to try lowering the frequency to just above however many hours the window is open, assuming the window is the same seven days a week.  (For instance, if it's 18:00-05:00 7 days a week, you could try setting the frequency to every 12 hours [window open 11 hours] and you should still get only 1 backup/day.)

Message Edited by CRZ on 10-14-2008 04:16 PM

Tom_Dooley
Level 4

Hello CRZ,

Our backup window is between 09:00 --- 20:00 0`clock this means that we have a 11 hours backup window.I will try to lower the frequency to 12 hours and I will get back to you with the results.

Thank You.

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
I have the same issue on 6.5.2A.