Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSSU down on non failover enterprise client

Jansen3
Level 2
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi,

I have a non failover NBU enterprise client cluster installation on a 2 node file cluster. on both nodes there is a virtual file server configured.
On both the virtual clusternames I have configured dssu's. Back-up and restore go well.
But after a reboot of one of the nodes the virtual server is failing over and comes online on the other node. Even the staging disk in the cluster group comes online.
But if I try to start a manaul reallocation of the failed over storageunit, the disk storage unit is unavailable. anybody a suggestion?
1 REPLY 1

John_Stockard
Level 5
Partner Certified
Are the NetBackup services on each cluster node part of the same cluster resource group as the file server service and the DSSU volume?  If not, it's possible that the file server services and the DSSU volume for node #1 came online on node #2, but the NetBackup services for node #1 are still running on node #1.  Since NetBackup doesn't see the path to the DSSU, it marks the DSSU as being down.  If this is the case, you will need to stop the NetBackup services on node #1, manually fail over the file server resource group so that it is running on node #1 (along with the DSSU volume), and then restart the NetBackup services on node #1.

Ideally, the NetBackup services would be running in the same cluster resource group as the file server service and the DSSU volume to ensure that they fail over and fail back as a single group.

Have a look at the NetBackup 6.5 High Availability Administrator's Guide for information on running a clustered media server in this fashion.