Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deplying a new Master Server

markdavies1978
Level 5
Hi all,

After some advice.

I have just installed a a fresh install of Netbackup 6.0MP4 to a newly built 2003 Server Enterprise.

Now, there is already a Master server within this environment which I don't want to use anymore.

I would like to install the client software on to this (old) master server as it is actually a File Server & needs to be backed up!

Are there any special steps I need to take to carry this out as when attempting the client install I can't select the option to "install to this computer only" & I then get asked for remote hosts.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reagan
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
The master server software also contains the client software, so this is why NetBackup is only allowing you to install the software on a remote system.  For licensing purposes, the NetBackup Master Server software on the old master server must be removed if the same license key is being used by the new master server.

The master server is also a client in that it can back itself up.

Once the master server software is unistalled, the client software can be installed on the server.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mike_Gavrilov
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
 You can uninstall NetBackup from old master-server ans install only a new client.

Reagan
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
The master server software also contains the client software, so this is why NetBackup is only allowing you to install the software on a remote system.  For licensing purposes, the NetBackup Master Server software on the old master server must be removed if the same license key is being used by the new master server.

The master server is also a client in that it can back itself up.

Once the master server software is unistalled, the client software can be installed on the server.

markdavies1978
Level 5
Ok thanks!