cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Volume Database and Media Database.

Amarnath_Sathis
Level 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

The volume database contains a list of media that are inventoried in NBU/ visible in the GUI under media.  They may or may not contain images.   The volume database is accessed with the vmquery command.

The media database contains media that are 'assigned' and should contain images.  The media databases is accessed with the bpmedialist command.

When a media is expired (contains no valid images) it should be removed from the media database.  It will be put back in the next time it is used.

However, when it expires, it may be a few minutes before it is removed, this should be the only time a media with no valid images is listed in the media database.

Martin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You have selected the following tick-box when you posted:

I do not need a solution (just sharing information)

What exactly are you sharing?

Amarnath_Sathis
Level 5

Hi Marianne,

I selected I Need a Solution option it may be while navigating through keyboard it got changed.

Now I've changed the option to "I Need a Solution".

Thanks.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

mph999 has given you the description on the differences.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

The volume database contains a list of media that are inventoried in NBU/ visible in the GUI under media.  They may or may not contain images.   The volume database is accessed with the vmquery command.

The media database contains media that are 'assigned' and should contain images.  The media databases is accessed with the bpmedialist command.

When a media is expired (contains no valid images) it should be removed from the media database.  It will be put back in the next time it is used.

However, when it expires, it may be a few minutes before it is removed, this should be the only time a media with no valid images is listed in the media database.

Martin