cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Backup schedule

Paul_Smith_5557
Level 2
Does anyone know of an easy way to printout/display the schedules/times of all the policies. I want to do a comparison to optimize the backup time and right now I think we have an large number of policies running during the same time window.
I've been looking online and in the KB but things I find don't work or don't exist. We're on Windows 2003
6 REPLIES 6

Abesama
Level 6
Partner
<install_path>\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bppllist -allpolicies -L

Taqadus_Rehman
Level 6

Here is symantec's document covring details of bppllist

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/262913.htm

quebek
   VIP    Certified
I would also try to play with this command
nbpemreq -predict_all -date 08/28/2009 23:59:59
and change date so you can see what is running when :D

quebek
   VIP    Certified
If so you should find this command in
NAME
nbpemreq—run NetBackup Policy Execution Manager Requisition to schedule the jobs that are due
SYNOPSIS
install_path\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\nbpemreq -predict -date mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS
install_path\Netackup\bin\admincmd\nbpemreq -predict -dateu unixtime
install_path\Netackup\bin\admincmd\nbpemreq -updatepolicies

DESCRIPTION
The nbpemreq command enables a user to determine which jobs are due in the near future. It also reads in all entered policy updates that are in a pending state.
OPTIONS
-predict -date mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS
Provides feedback by showing what jobs are scheduled to run in the near future. The -date command specifies the time more accurately.
-predict -dateu unixtime Provides feedback by showing what jobs are scheduled to run in the near future. The -dateu command specifies the time in UNIX time (seconds).
-updatepolicies Tells the NetBackup policy execution manager to read in all pending policy updates.

Paul_Smith_5557
Level 2
I found this in an article also but the command failed saying no such command. I could find NBPEM but not NBPEMREQ

I just refined my search it looks like someone renamed this file in the admincmd folder so I'll pull it off the CD and give it a try

Thanks

Anton_Panyushki
Level 6
Certified

Perhaps he is running NetBackup 5.x where he has bppllist but not nbpem or nbpemreq?