cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SLP restore the entire image to disk during one file restoration?

Universal_Vishw
Not applicable
Partner Accredited Certified

Backup Procedure:

I use Nebackup Deduplication to backup a 400 GB filesystem on daily basis. And uses Storage Life Cycle policies to to duplicate the backup on weekly and monthly basis. There are requirements within the organization to restore files from that backup duplicted to tape.

Question?

In sucha scenario, does the SLP import the entire ~400GB image to the deduplication disk pool when I require one file (2-3MB) restoration?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sksujeet
Level 6

In sucha scenario, does the SLP import the entire ~400GB image to the deduplication disk pool when I require one file (2-3MB) restoration?

NO.

When data get duplicated to tape it again gets rehydrated, When you are restoring the data from tape it will just restore the file that you are restoring and won't stage the data anywhere.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sksujeet
Level 6

NO.

When data get duplicated to tape it again gets rehydrated, When you are restoring the data from tape it will just restore the file that you are restoring and won't stage the data anywhere.