cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive cleaning frequency end up with status 2099 with unknown drive?

yotsapatVenter
Level 2

Hi guys. I need some helps with my tape cleaning problem.

My customer NetBackup have the problem for a month. There have Tape Drive Cleaning job every Sunday 12:30PM and end up with error status:2099. Look like the drive name isn't match and I change frequency number to 0 and clear host cache but the problem isn't solve at all. My customer want ot disable this and use Tape Alert cleaining only. How can I solve its?

PS. My customer changed tape drive once in last month and this error has started since that time. 

Drive.jpg

2017-06-05_12-02-06.jpg

Job Error.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Personally, I would delete the drives and reconfigure - will probably clear the issue.  If the set-up is faily simple I would use nbemmcmd -deletealldevice -allrecords which will delete ALL tape drives and robots.

Modern tape drives should NOT be cleaned via the 'frequency feature' - you are almost certainly 'overcleaning' them which WILL cause premature failure.

Cleaning tapes are basicaly like sandpaper (at a microscopic level) and should only be used when the tape drive itself requests it needs cleaning.

I stop all service on Master/Media Server amd try your command but it stuck with these error.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Which did you stop NBU services? Everything must be up and running in order to delete devices.

PS:
You need to upgrade. All versions up to 7.6.x reached EOSL 4 months ago.