cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERR - fatal error during enumeration for: Microsoft Information Store:\First Storage Group\

james_cobarruvi
Level 3

Netbackup 6.0 MP4

Client: Windows 2000 SP4 Exchange server

I keep getting this error during daily backups.

Error bpbrm(pid=60812) from client usms-ex-SCD1: ERR - fatal error during enumeration for: Microsoft Information Store:\First Storage Group\. Check bpbkar debug log for further information

Backup completes with a status code 1 and the transaction logs do not clear. BpBkar logs do not record any information

Any infor will be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

have u check the bpbkar logs? there you can see what is not been backed up and probably doesnt wort it.

regards

james_cobarruvi
Level 3
BpBkar log does not show anything. This server was rebuilt using Veritas Bare Metal Restore, the Exchange backup policy runs with a partial error however we notice that the transaction logs are being cleared. So, I am not sure if the backup contains valid data or if I even have a problem.

David_Ma
Level 3
Have you got the resolution of the above issue regarding exchange backups?

Alex_Vasquez
Level 6
I wouldn't want to be in a position to have to recover an information store from a status 1 backup, that's for sure.  Did you set your global logging to 5 and then restart your NBU services/deamons?  Bpbkar should tell you something at least.

Do you have other information stores on this server that do backup fine, with a status 0??  Essentially can the issue be traced to one particular information store.  Who knows, it may even require a consistency check...

schmaustech
Level 5
Anytime there is an issue with Exchange backups, the bpbkar is always the most definitive source for the answer as to why.

Does the following directory exist on the Exchange server:  C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Netbackup\logs\bpbkar?  Is there anything in it?  Even with a log level of 0, something should get recorded.

Are you seeing anything in the Event Viewer?

Does this Exchange server use circular logging by chance? 

Do you do mailbox (brick level) backups as well and do those work?

Regards,

Benjamin Schmaus

Yashwanth
Level 3

We had the same issue as well. In our case, Mailbox storage group was deleted following the migration to SAN but still keeping Public Folder Storage group. MS exchange policy was looking to backup both mailbox storage group and public folder storage group but was finishing with the status code 1 as it was unable to find mailbox storage group. I changed the path under ms exchange policy to backup only public folder storage group. Now it works fine.
Click on policy and on the right pane doulble click on backup selection and add the path "Microsoft Information Store:\Public Folder Storage Group". By default it would be just "Microsoft Information Store:\". hope this helps.