cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing exising media server - Windows 2008 Server R2 Enterprise Master / media server

lovethatcheese
Level 5

Hello. I am creating a new NB environment, with one Master and multiple media servers. Each media server is getting set up with an MSDP pool for de-dupe. In adding my first MDSP pool, I used a drive from an equal logic SAN. After installing this drive through NB, I find out today that the equal logic SAN requires 5% free space, and I did not do that - I presented out the whole partition (3.6 TB).

My question - I need to recreate this MSDP pool. I thought by logging into the Master, I could just right click on the disk pool created, delete it, and re-create it. That is not the case. I don't want to remove the media server, just the storage that is set up. What would be the easiest way to do this? Once deleted, I would re-run the wizard and re-create the MSDP pool. So in a nutshell, how do I remove my current media server configuration to re-set it up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you have enough another disk space to hold MSDP files,  easiest way is to stop NetBackup, copy files to temporary space, recreate volume on Equal Logic with same drive letter and copy files back into it.

Or, if you want to remove and reconfigure MSDP, follow "Removing media server deduplication" procedure described in NetBackup 7.5 Deduplication Guide.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5187

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you have enough another disk space to hold MSDP files,  easiest way is to stop NetBackup, copy files to temporary space, recreate volume on Equal Logic with same drive letter and copy files back into it.

Or, if you want to remove and reconfigure MSDP, follow "Removing media server deduplication" procedure described in NetBackup 7.5 Deduplication Guide.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5187