cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notifications

Server_2
Level 3
Hello There,

I want to setup the email notificaiton option on NBU 6.5.1, I have downloaded blat and I installed, and I sent an email from the command line ( I have Windows 2003 R2 64 bits ), but I cannot make it work thru NBU, I set the to "Server sends mail" under Global settings, but I havent recivied any email.

This is my goal,

I would like to recive a email every time when NBU do a backup, I would like to get an email either if the backup was successful or not, but how do I set this up?? I followed the instructions on the Admin Guide, but still doesnt work,

Any help would be great!!

Thanks!!!
4 REPLIES 4

zippy
Level 6
ummm trees

Server_2
Level 3
I dont have alot experience on NBU, only what I need its a good directions or an example.

Sorry, but what do you mean with trees?

zippy
Level 6
Im perplexed at why you would want one email for each job, that would drive me crazy and its a bit of a waste of emails.

there are plenty of blat info here in the forum, search for it.

Jim

Server_2
Level 3
Well, the setup its because we have a department to check/verify/troubleshoot any backup, we do backup for multipleclients, and its better for us to get a email of everthing, could be a waste of emails, but since we have a group dedicated to do this, I think its a good solution.

I know I have blat working, because I can send email from the cmd, but not from NBU.

Here is my nbmail.cmd file:

@REM - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
@REM -                                                                         -
@REM - A public domain SMTP mail client for NT called BLAT is available at:    -
@REM -                                                                         -
@REM -                       http://blat.net/                                  -
@REM - Here's how to use BLAT with the NetBackup NT server.                    -
@REM - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
@REM
@IF "%~4"=="" (
blat %3 -s %2 -t %1 -i NetBackup -server mail-1.mydom.local -q
) ELSE (
blat %3 -s %2 -t %1 -i NetBackup -server mail-1.mydom.local -q -attach %4
)
@REM
@REM - The -i option designates the originator's address, you may change this  -
@REM - or omit it altogether (the default is the sender's address specified    -
@REM - when BLAT was installed).                                               -

and I also I follow this article:

and because we want an notification of everything, I did this too:

To allow a master server to send emails for all failed client backups that end with a non-zero status, do the following:
1. Open the NetBackup Administration Console
2. Open the Host Properties for the master server and go to the Global Attributes tab
3. At the bottom of this page, enter the email address for the NetBackup administrator in the field called Administrator e-mail address: (separate multiple entries with commas)

To allow a specific client to send emails for all successful and failed jobs, do the following:
1. Open the NetBackup Administration Console
2. Open the Host Properties for the Client and go to the Universal Settings tab
3. Under the Administrator

Thanks for the help!!