Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emulex LPE 11002 on NBU 6.x

Kingkill
Level 4
Partner Certified
Dear All,

i am plan to buy a new HBA card for my new windows master server. my vendor was quoted us Emulex LPE 11002 for my DellR710 server ( Windows 2003 Standard Edition). i check on Netbackup 6.0 HCL, but it only support windows 2003 Enterprise Edition. my quetion is as below:

- Can Emulex LPE 11002 support on Netbackup 6.0 ( Windows 2003 Standard Edition)?
- Can Emulex LPE 11002 support on NBU 6.5.3 ( Windows 2003 Standard Edition). i tried to search NBU 6.5 HCL, but i cant find anything.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
NetBackup support Windows Server 2003 SE while OS Compatibility list shows as it support EE only.See comment on OCL.
And, if you are not willing to configure Fibre Transport, NetBackup doesn't mind model of HBA.

rj_nbu
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
hi,

the major difference between std edition and enterprise edition is support for more memory and MSCS clustering feature being enabled in enterprise edition. If windows detects the tape drives connected through the hba, netbackup should not complain.

Also, in the HCL, it says

9. Where support is shown for "Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition" and "Windows 2000 Server Standard", it is implied that the other versions of Windows Server
2003 and Windows 2000 Server are supported.

Check page 116

-Rajeev

Kingkill
Level 4
Partner Certified
if the HCL did not list out that it support Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition x64, so we can come to the conclusion that this HBA card can only support for 32Bit ?

Thanks

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Without Fibre Transport feature, any HBA that OS and hardware vendor support will work. If you use FT, emulex is bad choice.
"Infrastructure Used for Testing" section in HCL is not statement of supported hardware.