cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable block level incremental backup

cel1
Level 3

hello, 

We are trying to enable block level incremental backups for Vmware policies ( a hundred of policies ). Does anyoe know ho to perform that via command line please !

Regards,

Zakaria

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello , 

Thanks Marianne , that is  the command that I have used but the problem it changes also the policy type to Standard . To do that properly , I have discovered that we must specify the policy type as Vmware :

bppllinfo $POLICY -modify -pt VMware -blkincr 1 .

regards,

Zakaria

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Try this:

bpplinfo <policy_name> -modify -blkincr <flag>
(1 - perform block-level-incremental backups,  0 - disable block-level-incremental backups)

Hello , 

Thanks Marianne , that is  the command that I have used but the problem it changes also the policy type to Standard . To do that properly , I have discovered that we must specify the policy type as Vmware :

regards,

Zakaria

Hello , 

regards,

Zakaria

Marianne

I guess you meant -pt VMware 
(Not -py ?) 

Yes , it's "-pt"  , without "-pt VMware" you could lose all the configuration of the VMware policy , because it checks the box "Block level incremental backup" in the general attributes of the policy and it becomes automatically a "Standard POLICY" instead of a VMWARE POLICY .

Regards, 

Zakaria

Marianne

@cel1

Please edit the post that you have marked as Solution. 
You have typed -py instead of -pt.