cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 59

Puffy
Level 6

Hi,

Today I have a backup job with Status 59. It is a NT(windows 2003) backup.

I have tried to recreate a new policy with a small backup selection with no avails as well. Same error.

10/8/2008 1:31:24 PM - Error bpbrm(pid=4996) bpcd on SERVERA exited with status 59: access to the client was not allowed

10/8/2008 1:31:26 PM - Error bpbrm(pid=4996) bpcd on SERVERA exited with status 59: access to the client was not allowed

10/8/2008 1:31:55 PM - connecting

10/8/2008 1:32:08 PM - end writing

access to the client was not allowed(59) 

A check with some documents say to check the Client's Server List. I have checked that ths host files as well as the Netbackup Client Server list is correct. Bpclncmd -pn and a few other parameters looks okay since it can resolve the master server.

Hmm....what could gone wrong.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

NBU_TSE
Level 4
Employee

Hi Puffy,

Please check and make sure that both the Master and Media Server are listed in the clients Server list. This can either be checked from the Backup Archive and Restore Gui > Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type > Servers Tab > Master Server should be set at current.

Alternatively you can check the clients Registry Server key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veritas\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config

Server Key should show the Master and Media Server, with the Master at the top of the list.

If this is listed correctly, this could be a name resolution problem. Possibly between Media and Client or vice versa as the error is received from bpbrm -

10/8/2008 1:31:24 PM - Error bpbrm(pid=4996) bpcd on SERVERA exited with status 59: access to the client was not allowed

Further investigation into the clients bpcd log may be required to see what hostname is being used (could be a fqdn is used).

Hope this helps

Gary Yeardley (NetBackup Database Support Engineer)

Puffy
Level 6

I managed to solve this "strange" problem. I use a new hostname for the backup LAN. Use this new hostname (SERVERA-new) for all jobs and configurations. Then I restarted the Master Server since I can't restart the client production Server.

Tink . All backup from this client run successfully.

In the first place I only change one Policy schedule job name to a more meaningful name. After which the Oracle Ex backup failed (Err 6). After that the next day, even the data files policy backup also failed with 59. Recreate a new policy and I get error 11. Luckily this was resolved. Phew!

A really bizzare problem. Can anyone explain what could have gone wrong.